The new sinks and their accessories turn the water area into an ideal center to work with total comfort and maximum guarantees of cleanliness and hygiene.
In kitchen equipment, wet areas are becoming more and more popular, where the latest generation sinks evolve to obtain technologically advanced products, where all the elements interrelate with each other to enhance the functionality of the whole.
The sink has become more than just a place to put dirty dishes. The variety of designs, accessories, and finishes allows for planning the most suitable set for each space and need. In the market, we find the versions with a single bowl or two, with a drainer and additional bowl, etc.
The design possibilities are wide, as well as the measurements, shapes, and materials to be used. A single-bowl sink that is deep enough to work freely is sufficient. The latest proposals present trays up to 21 cm deep.
If we are facing a large room, the ideal is to have a multifunctional model that, in addition to the main sink, incorporates other elements such as practical cutting boards, dish drainers, detergent dispensers, and various accessories. The angular versions take advantage of the corners and difficult spaces of the kitchen and the drainers converted into inclined plates are gaining popularity.
As an example, from Pacheco Architects we put links to three models of sinks that could be of interest to you:
- Combined sink 180/450 – HANSGROHE
- Combination sink 450 with drainer – HANSGROHE
- Metal Quartz Sinks, Kinga Model - AFRICAN
- Flush with the worktop: They offer a more aesthetic continuous surface and prevent the accumulation of food remains, as well as the proliferation of germs in this area.
- Undercounter sinks: This option makes cleaning easier by eliminating joints between the sink and countertop, and allows for very deep sinks. For their correct installation, they require special fixing systems.
- A single piece: Worktop and sink are joined without visible joints to form compositions that improve the hygiene and aesthetics of the whole. The most common materials are thermoformable artificial stones and stainless steel.
- Traditional-style countertop: In these options, an edge protrudes from the installation hole that becomes the support frame for the piece. They require impeccable anchoring so that water and liquid leaks do not occur in the joints.
All the materials
- Stainless steel: fits with any style of kitchen. Its main advantage is that it resists sudden changes in temperature and shocks. without forgetting optimal hygienic conditions. On the contrary, it scratches easily and limescale stains are difficult to remove.
- Ceramic and porcelain: they adapt well to kitchens with a markedly traditional style and offer good levels of resistance.
- Stoneware: it is made up of quartz grains and siliceous or calcareous cement, it guarantees its inalterability despite high temperatures and scratches.
- Synthetic materials: they are increasingly common in the water area since they offer numerous aesthetic possibilities and on many occasions, they can be coordinated with the countertop and form a homogeneous set without apparent joints. The main manufacturers create their combinations, obtaining compounds of great solidity, resistant to shocks and high temperatures.
They are the ideal complement to transform the sink into a real field of operations, since they multiply the benefits in the field of water.
- Vegetable washing basket: attaches to the sink to drain food.
- Auxiliary tray: it is smaller than the previous one, and we can use it to drain different pieces or deposit already clean food in it.
- Automatic drain: with this device, we can open or close the sink valve. In this way, we can fill or empty the sinus avoiding contact with water.
- Soap dispenser: allows you to obtain a small amount of detergent simply by pressing the lever and without having to open the cabinet to reach the product.
- Strainer: It is very useful for cleaning, drying, and preparing food.
- Dish drainer: avoid occupying part of the countertop and getting it wet. We can also use it as a vegetable washing tray or filter.
- Waste filter: purifies waste, retaining solid remains and discarding liquids.
- Sponge holder: incorporates its own very practical drain.
- Cutting board: there are synthetic, wooden, and even new glass models.
- Food Waste Disposal - Quickly and efficiently removes food waste flowing directly down the drain into a container. facilitates